Wistfulness

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

20/4/10

Okay, I'm supposed to be studying Chinese, but after cramming 16 成语s in my head, I need a break.
I suddenly became obsessed with listening to Band music. Now I'm listening to Spirited Away~ I really want to play that song. Totoro's nice too, and Persis is too. Overture No. 1 sounds nice. Wish I played it =\
Anyway, I just saw the assessment criteria for NBC and SIBF. And I got a heart attack. Its almost confirmed that I'm not going to play in those 2 competitions. Here's what it said:
Criteria
• Projection
1. Too soft
2. Soft
3. OK
4. A bit loud but can be better
5. Good

• Articulation
1. Completely no difference between notes of different articulation
2. Attempts to try sometimes, but not clear
3. Kind of clear some of the time
4. Clear difference between articulation types some of the time
5. Good variation and clear difference between articulation types, most of the time

• Tuning
1. Below average
2. Average
3. Good

• Notes and Rhythm
1. Not clear about notes and rhythm, many mistakes
2. Kind of clear about notes and rhythm, few mistakes but overall still good
3. Clear about notes and rhythm, no mistakes, flow of piece very good

• Tone
1. Not up to standard
2. Average
3. Good

Now tell me, how do you think I can make it through -_-
And there's something else, which made me realise how scary the new Exco is.

The Aims for the Sec 1s. That was scary.

Aims for Sec 1s to achieve by Aug
 Play notes with no funny sounds (ie. Tone is up to standard)
 Tuning (Don’t be incredibly out of tune)
 Able to hold notes: at least 8 counts at 40-60 crotchet beats in one minute
 Able to transpose from concert pitch
 Know chromatic scale well
 Know how to play Concert Bb, Eb, Ab, F scales
 Clear about different articulation (eg. Tenuto, staccato)
 Able to play Ponyo - LIKE A GOOD BAND

I can't do 1, 2 and 6. So amazing.

So from this, I can officially conclude that I need a lot more practicing, since Mun Yun is going to assess us when Break is over.