Wistfulness

Sunday, April 4, 2010

4/4/10

Okay, I know I shouldn't be blogging now, but seriously, I can't concentrate on Chinese Gong Han.
I bet that the knowledge in our brains came in programs, and the doctor that was supposed to program my brain added in a defective Chinese program. So if you want to blame someone for my horrible Chinese, blame that doctor.
Well, since I can't reprogram my brain without losing its files (or in other words, my precious memories), I guess I'll just have to live with this defective Chinese of mine. So much for wanting to get into Higher Chinese. But I'll try.
Alright, its already 10.35, I need to sleep before midnight. Otherwise it'll be horrible tomorrow.
Speaking of tomorrow, I don't know whether I can actually come to school. I mean, I have coughing fits, sore throat, constant sneezing, and a slight fever now. Brilliant. I don't want to miss Band. Its my 2nd last practice before concert, and I still can't play properly. Here are the major mistakes:

March a Gentle Breeze: The part where 2nd Trumpet plays the melody? There's a high F and G, and I can't play it sometimes. Annoying.

Harry Potter: I keep getting the wrong tempo. Major Problem. And my lips get tired quite easily here, for some reason.

Pinocchio: High notes are all unreachable. And I keep pitching wrongly.

Phantom of the Opera: The worst. Everything is bad, especially high notes. I'm practically pitching everything wrongly, if not, I'm not playing at all.

American Graffiti XV: Fluttering. I still can't flutter for 4 counts. And I can't still can't slur and flutter. Some high notes here and there which I pitch wrongly. And the actions. Well we might not be doing them, but still.

Barae: Okay this one's a failure. I can't play it properly. I can't keep up with the tempo, I don't know where to jump to and how many times to play of some sections, I keep playing the wrong notes.

Up: Nothing much, I guess. Some wrong notes here and there, and I keep forgetting to enter at the right time.

Jupiter Pop: High notes and rhythm.

Overall: TOO SOFT.

This sums up everything. And guess what, by the time I'm halfway in Pinocchio, I'm very tired. Wonderful, can't imagine how Phantom will sound like.

Oh well, Chinese needs to be done.