Wistfulness

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Confession time.
None of my family members know that the cut under the plaster on my right arm is caused by a hot knife.
It happened when everyone was asleep, and I was stupidly playing with the new knife that I had just taken out from hot water.
Our helper was washing the car at that time too.
So while I was staring at it, I dropped it, and it miraculously cut my arm.
I have no idea why it was such a weird spot.
Anyway, in a panic, I washed the knife and put it back in the hot water, and immediately tried to stop the bleeding.
But it wouldn't stop.
So I put a plaster, and avoided showing that spot for the whole day.
At that point of time, I had already planned out everything.
Firstly, I would hide the fact that I had played with the knife and cut myself. For various reasons I don't really want to say.
Secondly, I would try to not let anyone see the plaster until I come back from Band on Monday.
Thirdly, when asked about the plaster by my family members, I would tell them that a stand scratched me when I was trying to catch it from falling down.
And since none of them have ever seen the stands before (close up), they wouldn't suspect anything.
The only downside is that my parents would think that Band is slightly dangerous, or they would think that their second daughter has changed so much that she would actually put a plaster for a scratch that started bleeding.

Anyway, just now, my grandma say it, and asked me what happened.
And since she can't speak English, I had to speak to her in Chinese.
Otherwise, I could speak to her in Cantonese, but she can't understand what I'm saying, since my Cantonese sounds very weird.
So when i tried to explain to her, I didn't know what "stand" was in Chinese.
And no, I'm not talking about 站 (stand).
So I just kept saying 那个东西.
I don't think she really understood.
But she knows that I scratched myself.
And its not serious.
And she doesn't know the truth.
And she doesn't suspect anything.
So its fine.
But if my parents run a luminol test on the knife, they would probably find out, since there would be traces of my blood on it.
Just kidding. I'm probably the only one in my family that knows what a luminol test is.