Wistfulness

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Surprised by how early I am at home?
I even bathed already.
Well, it wasn't because I took a cab.
Neither was it because the bus sped.
Suyi's parents sent me home.
They're really nice.
Since they could recognise me, they immediately insisted that they send me home.
I'm really thankful towards them.

Anyway, why I had to go home by myself.
Because both my parents can't send me home.
I really hate the companies they're working for.
My mom just came home from Hong Kong today.
She came home at 5+.
And when I reached home at 6.40, my siblings just told me that she had gone out for a business dinner to entertain some clients.
In other words, her stupid company won't let her rest, and insists that she has to continue working, despite just coming back from a business trip.
And my dad.
You all know how the normal end time for work is at 5?
Well, my dad's "normal" would be at 7+.
Correction: his "early".
I know, the 5 o clock rule doesn't really apply to the people that are of a higher position, like my dad.
But still, he comes home at 9+ nearly 10 everyday.
Except on days when he has to fetch me, and even so, if he does, he comes at 7.30.
Normally my mom fetches me, since she ends earlier than him.
But that's only because she has intensive working sessions.
By "intensive", I mean going for one meeting after another, and only having time for occasional toilet breaks.
I really wish they didn't have to work their butts out.

...Maybe I shouldn't be writing about my parents' worklives.