Wistfulness

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Well, as you can probably all tell from my previous posts, today was the Botanic Gardens Concert.
Technically its yesterday, but oh well.
I'll skip what happened before I left, since its already covered down there.
Anyway, when I came there, Grace and Jae Young were the only ones there.
I didn't really expect to be that early.
I saw Mun Yun in front of me, but by some weird happening, I reached much earlier than her.
Anyway, first we had Section Talk.
But because our dearest Section Leader was practicing her solo, we didn't start the gift exchange yet.
So we discussed on what to do for our Section Thing.
Apparently, Grace said that we were the only section to not do something, so we should.
In the end, after many tries of doing random and weird things like putting extra-large paper clips on our hair, we decided to make a paper crown, attach it to a clip, and clip it on our hair.
So we got to work.
Ah but, it was mainly Grace and Tha Yang that did the work.
Jae Young made hers, though.
After a long long while, just before lunch, we did the gift exchange.
I like my gifts.
Especially Sherlene's.
Ahh my cute little Wallace~
Prim came late, during the middle of the exchange.
Ahhh but in the end, I messed up Grace's and Prim's letter, so now I have Grace's letter with me, and Grace has Prim's letter.
Agh I must remember to tell her on Monday.
Then came lunch.
As expected, we had Lee Wee Brothers.
But I'm fine with that, as long as we don't have another repeat of the Olive Rice last time.
Oh yeah! I forgot to collect money from everyone.
Okay I shall paste a post-it later on.
Our section was the last one to leave the canteen.
Everyone went into the Band Room at what, 12?
And lunch was until 12.30.
After that, Tha Yang lost Mun Yun's Kakashi.
But just before Warm Ups, she found him.
After Warm Ups, Mr and Mrs Chua came in, and we did a brief run through.
Then, came the time to load the Percussion on the truck / lorry.
But before that I stole Kakashi. First time.
It took Mun Yun really long to find it.
She was panicking all over and the best thing was that I looked so suspicious, smiling so much, and she didn't even suspect me until everyone was glancing at me and her.
And my face kind of gave it away.
After loading the Percussion instruments, we waited for the bus.
As expected, they were late again.
So that's when we had our spamming of photos.
Sort of.
Soon, the bus came, and we got on it.
The trip to Botanic Garden was about 10 to 15 minutes.
Hadassah was acting really silly.
8D But I got them on camera.
Anyway, when we reached the place, some guy was taking (a) picture(s) of us.
Kind of freaky, actually.
But anyway, after that, we headed to the stage (I forgot what its called. Shaw Foundation something).
We set up, and started our rehearsal.
A lot of people thought it was the real performance, so they got a little confused when Mr and Mrs Chua stopped and skipped sections.
And each time we end a song, even though we just come in from some random part, they clap.
A little embarrassing, yeah.
Then, at 5, we had a break.
We took our cakes, and all of us (except Prim, Grace and Jae Young) went to refill the tiny bottle.
Fine its not really tiny, but for 9 people, it is.
Then, Grace came running (yeah, she really did) towards us, and saying that we didn't wait for her.
Oops.
Then, we headed back.
But anyway, the main thing was that while we were walking around, everyone kept staring at us.
And laughing / giggling too.
I honestly didn't know what it was about until I saw the crowns on everyone else's heads.
Then I remembered that I, too, was wearing a crown.
And looking at the photos, yeah, we look kind of retarded.
But its quite cute, the crowns.
Anyway, at 5.20, we started sitting down, and our concert began.
Let's just say it started off horribly.
March a Gentle Breeze.
Mispitched at the part where only the Second Trumpet plays amongst the Trumpets.
Ponyo.
A MIKE DROPPED HOW COOL IS THAT.
Yeah but it caused a really loud and high pitched noise.
The kind that really hurts your head, seeps into your brain and messes it up.
Yeah I couldn't play at that time.
Pinocchio.
Okay this wasn't too bad, I guess.
But we definitely played better during SIBF.
Stand By Me.
This wasn't that bad too, I suppose.
Just that it kind of drained me after March and Pinocchio.
Xi Shui Chang Liu.
Ah. This.
There was one part when all of the First Trumpets didn't play at all.
Jae Young stopped playing for a rest first.
After a short while, I stopped too.
Then, Tha Yang stopped.
Then, Mun Yun couldn't hold the note, so she stopped.
And there was silence from us.
Obviously once we noticed, we continued to play, but yeah, the damage was done.
Big Fun In The Sun.
This was considerably good, I guess.
Just that I was kind of tired already, so I mispitched (again! :@).
We Are The World.
Hah, this.
Lips were tired, getting ready for Jupiter Pop.
So, as a result, I kind of didn't play a couple of parts.
Luckily its Mun Yun, Tha Yang and Prim.
Jupiter Pop.
OMGIFEELLIKEDYINGFORTHISAAAAAAAGH.
Yeap.
Too many mispitchings.
American Graffiti XV.
Hey this wasn't that bad.
Really.
Ah but it completely drained all of us.
And our fluttering!
We really need to practice on that.
Nobody.
This.
Was.
Okay I guess.
Not too bad, except that part where we had to play one octave higher.
But I managed to reach my High B!
:D
Overall.
Wonderful, it was fun.
Playing wasn't too shabby, I guess.
Better than I expected.
Somehow CGSSB seems to create lots of last-minute miracles.
Anyway, after the performance, we went back to our "Starting Point", and waited for the bus.
They were much later this time.
Hadassah went to refill the bottle 3 times.
That just shows how thirsty we all were.
During the bus trip, there was this point of time when we passed by school.
And I got a shock, because I thought that my paranoia of the bus driver kidnapping all of us on board and bringing us to some place where we would be tortured and held for ransom and sent overseas to be beggars that were handicapped, would come true.
I think my expression was kind of priceless, considering Mun Yun's reaction.
Anyway, we went to the Back Gate.
Then, we helped Percussion, and packed up.
Grace, Hadassah and Jae Young left before we could take the Section Photo.
So its only 6 people.
:(
After that, we waited at the Back Gate Carpark.
Since Mun Yun and Tatiana didn't know how to go to the bus stop that they were supposed to go to, my mom sent them there.
Halfway while waiting, Prim came, and we sent her too, since they were headed for the same bus stop.
Also, she left her trumpet with me, since her teacher wasn't coming this weekend.
And my mom thought that Prim was my senior.
And she thought Mun Yun was my junior, since I told her that there was one senior and two juniors.
Then when I told her that Mun Yun was the Red Crown Person that played 2 solos, she couldn't believe it.
Her response?
"She doesn't seem that tall close up!"
(Y)
Anyway, I ate 2 pieces of bread and skipped dinner.
Went home first, bathed, went to Faunfaun's house.
Stayed till 12 midnight, as usual, and then went home.
Ah we mainly spent our time looking at old stuff.
And playing with Lego!
My Lego Car~
Okay I need to sleep now.