Wistfulness

Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Magic Numbers:
5, 6, 14, 15


Good luck, everyone.
Exams start in less than a week.

EVELYN TAY. STOP PLAYING POKEMON. SERIOUSLY.

I need to study for Geography.
Its probably the only subject that I have lots to do for, but I haven't done anything yet.
Second in line would be Literature.
Followed by Science.
Then Math.
Or maybe I should switch those two around.
I still can't believe that my Algebra is horrendous now.
But I'll definitely regain my touch.
I wish we did more Algebra in the Second Semester.

I have good news!
Today,
After Chinese Remedial,
Kellie and I asked for our CA2 Marks for,
Higher Chinese.
And,
Apparently,
I PASSED.
If this news is really true, I'll celebrate by eating 5 pieces of Nutella-filled bread.

Anyway, while I was coming home today, there was this weird man sitting in front of me.
He was sitting with one arm slung over the empty seat beside him, with his leg stretched out on the empty seat.
My first impression? A typical hawker centre uncle.
Anyway, I sat behind him because firstly, it doesn't matter to me, and secondly, it was near the steps, and the Stop button, so its convenient.
So, I sat down.
3.
2.
1.
He started talking to me.
He asked me a lot of personal questions, like about my personal information and stuff.
The first?
"What school are you from?"
I was wearing my school uniform.
Maybe he didn't recognise it.
Oh well.
Anyway, I told him, since it would be blatantly obvious if I lied.
Then he started talking about Ho Ching, and about how she was the Drum Major.
And then he asked me if I was in the Band.
So I said yes.
I gave a lot of truthful information, actually.
Which is why I'm still a little worried.
And typing this here, just so in case one day I go missing, everyone that reads my blog will know what happened.
Or have a guess, at least.
Back to the point.
So we had a conversation about Crescent Band, and then he told me which school he came from too.
I... can't remember.
It started with M.
And I have never heard of it before.
Apparently, it was quite good.
Anyway, the conversation died, and after a few minutes he started again.
Now, because I kinda sorta want to sleep, I shall cut this short.
Basically, he asked me a few odd questions like what my parents work as, how much my handphone cost, what kind of phone I had, whether we learn about computers in school, how to get to Boon Lay, where I live, what kind of house I live in, what instrument I play, and what level I was in.
The answers I gave him were, in order:
I don't know (Lie)
About $100 (Technically its a lie, since it was free)
Nokia (Lie)
Yes (Truth, sort of)
Gave him directions (Obviously Truth)
Pasir Panjang (Truth, sadly, and I know that was stupid. But he didn't know where it was. Maybe he's lying, but oh well)
Condominium (Truth, yet another stupid act)
Trumpet (Truth)
Secondary 2 (Truth, and maybe this was bad, since he knows my age)

A few things I'm worried about?
He seemed a little... abnormal.
He kept singing softly to himself, and fidgeting, and yeah, randomly asking me questions.
Also, he's a stranger.
And he knows so many things about me.
Naturally, you'd be slightly affected, right?
Lastly, he asked for directions to go to Boon Lay.
But he stopped at River Valley High School.
The bus stop near it, anyway.
From there, he can't take an MRT, and the only other way would be to take a bus to Harbourfront MRT Station, or just follow my directions, which meant taking 51 all the way to the end.
I still think there's something wrong, since well, he was asking for directions.
Won't it be weird if he suddenly has some other way to get there?
Unless he was really asking a very random question just for fun.
...
Maybe I'm too cautious.
Oh well.

Oh yeah! How could I forget about this supremely, awesomely, magical news!
NO MASS RUN FOR SEC 2S TOMORROW!~
I'm so happy.

Alright! Its time to sleep~
Goodnight everyone.