Wistfulness

Friday, October 22, 2010

So, our positions came today.
25th in class, 186th in level.
65% overall.
Tied with Liu Liu. Okay that is seriously kind of cool, considering the fact that our marks for each subject was considerably different.
Beverly got 24th in class, and she beat us both by 1 mark. 0.1%.
Anyway, I doubt I can get into that wonderfully awesome combination that I want so badly now.
Triple Science, Elective Literature and Social Studies, Higher Chinese.
Now see, around 224 people in the level want Triple Science.
There are only 90 positions, possibly 130.
Assuming the people in the top don't want Triple Science, the first person to be posted into Triple Science would be position 320-224+1=97.
And then the next 90 people would be inside.
97+90=187
So until the 187th position.
Well technically there isn't that position since both Liu Liu and I are 186.
So it becomes 188, since she definitely doesn't want Triple Science.
So, this makes it still possible for me, but seriously, what are the chances?
Anyway, I'll still try for it.
And appeal like crazy if I don't get it.
Because I know that I can do well with that combination.
If I start studying more and stop sleeping in class, that is.
If I don't get into that combination, I suppose I'll go to Double Science, Chemistry and Biology, Core Geography, Elective Literature and Social Studies.
Or maybe I should switch my Humanities around.
...Nah.
Ah well.