Wistfulness

Sunday, November 21, 2010

So, yesterday was Musical Evening.
The last Musical Evening we had with the Sec 3s.
:(

Anyway, I shall do my normal recount.
So, it started off with me being late for Band by about 7 minutes.
Why, you ask?
No, its not because I woke up at 8.30.
No, its not because I went to bathe.
No, its not because I was sleeping when I was eating.
No, its not because I was drying my hair.
Its because, I had to wait for my sister.
I seriously had no idea what she was doing.
But whatever she was doing, it was so important and time consuming that she made me leave the house 10 minutes late.
Which is actually a miracle that I managed to reach school 7 minutes late.
Traffic wasn't so bad that day.
Anyway, by saying this, I have just told Mun Yun that I was late and my name will be written down on the Fine Page.
At least its my first time, and the month is ending.
So I might not have to pay any fine.
Anyway, once I came, we did gift exchange.
And we just sat down there talking and joking around, while watching other people doing their own stuff and tying hairs and having their hairs tied.
Then the lorry came, and every section was supposed to send out half of their section to go and help to move the Percussion instruments up to the lorry, while the rest get ready to go on the bus that would be coming soon.
Turns out that in the end, only Jae Young went to help with Percussion.
The rest of us were getting ready.
And Prim was getting her hair tied.
But alls well that ends well, and everything was fine.
I guess.
So anyway, we boarded the bus a couple of minutes later [I think about 15 minutes?].
The arrangement for our section was like this:
1) Jae Young and Prim
2) Stickworm and I
3) Sherlene and Grace
4) Mun Yun and Hadassah
First mentioned is on the left.
And yeah, its in order.
So basically Pair 4 was behind Pair 3 who was behind Pair 2 who was behind Pair 1.
That was fun to type.
Anyway, we soon reached UCC which was actually kinda near my house.
A 5-10 minute bus ride.
Anyway, we were shown to our dressing room, and then we put our stuff down.
Then we went to help move the Percussion instruments to the Backstage.
After that, we had lunch.
Lee Wee Brothers Packed Rice.
As usual.
It was in Dressing Room 10 aka Mrs Chua's Room.
For Brasses only.
Anyway, after that, we went to our own dressing room and warmed up.
Then we had our rehearsal.
We had to set up our chairs and stands first.
Oh, the risers too, but in the end the staff at UCC helped us.
Anyway, the chairs and stands were on this pushcart lookalike.
It was quite cool actually.
Anyway, after setting up, we practiced.
It wasn't very good, I guess.
That's why after that, Mrs Chua went to Dressing Room 10 and made all the Brasses and Percussion Members sing / use their hands to hit the rhythm their part.
It was actually really fun.
So after Mrs Chua sorted out the rhythm and stuff for Incantation and Dance, we had free time.
So we went to the bathroom and practiced our actions for Brass Rock.
Mainly the one at part B.
Why the bathroom?
Because it has a huge long connected mirror.
Anyway after that, Mun Yun checked her phone and found out that she had a missed call.
We kinda guessed that it was Tha Yang.
And then I checked my phone after a while, and I had a missed call too.
So I tried to call back.
But it said the user was busy.
Which most likely meant that:
1) Tha Yang called Mun Yun
2) Mun Yun didn't pick up
3) Tha Yang then called me
4) I didn't pick up
5) Mun Yun noticed the missed call
6) Mun Yun called back
7) I noticed the missed call
8) I called back, but Tha Yang was on the phone with Mun Yun, hence, the user was busy.
Yeah so anyway, Grace wanted to see the Vending Machines.
So we were about to go out.
And then, when we opened the door, we saw... Tha Yang!
So after that we showed her to the dressing room.
Then she went to change up while we played with her camera.
We took a lot pf pictures, mainly Jump Shots at that point of time.
Out of all of the people present that used the camera [Sherlene, Grace, Hadassah, Stickworm and Debbie], only Grace and Hadassah succeeded in taking a Jump Shot.
Ah but Hadassah's picture was better than Grace's, because in Grace's picture, Sherlene was slow / fast and she was on the ground, while the rest of us were in the air.
Anyway, when Mun Yun and Tha Yang came back, we were all taking pictures and stuff.
And we had a Family Portrait.
Many, actually.
And we had a few which showed Mun Yun and Tha Yang missing, and then we were all showing sad faces.
Kinda depicts next year.
Anyway, Tha Yang gave us her presents for Musical Evening after that.
But we all couldn't give her our presents because we all thought that she would be coming back to school [because of a certain someone].
So, in the end, we passed the presents to Grace when we got back so that she'll pass it to Tha Yang on Monday.
Anyway, halfway, Mun Yun told Tha Yang a secret that was apparently between the husband and wife only.
I have a pretty good guess on what it is, and I have a very strong feeling I'm correct.
But ah well, I won't say it.
Anyway, after that, Grace was so determined to find out what it was, and some staring competition broke out.
It was amusing and entertaining.
Grace lost in the end.
They were tearing.
Amazing.
Anyway, after that we went back to our own dressing room because apparently we weren't supposed to be in Dressing Room 10.
Then we just stayed there and fooled around.
It was around this time when Hasee came and harassed Sherlene and Grace.
And we were playing with the welcoming of people to our room.
Ah, our section really is crazy.
Anyway, after that was dinner.
We ate dinner at the corridor outside of our dressing room in the end.
We wanted to eat in Dressing Room 10 because we ate lunch there, but Mrs Chua had to use the room.
It was hers anyway.
So in the end she invited us in anyway.
Then Ms Goh told us that we had to find somewhere else to eat.
So we did: the corridor.
There we told a lot of stories about our past lives.
Like about our houses and bugs.
The ones that I can remember very clearly are:
Jae Young's story about someone jumping down at her house.
Prim's story about some hotel she stayed, where someone died there and she was really scared to stay there.
Grace's story about the old man who lived near her, and had a lot of junk. Then one day it all caught fire and she didn't know what happened to the old man.
Stickworm's story about her seeing some person get run down. It was somehow turned into a funny story through her sound effects and stuff.
Mun Yun's story about how she thought that the beetle under her pillow was a sweet wrapper and in the end, twisted it because she thought it was a sweet wrapper. The sound matched, and she passed it to her father.
I think that last one made the biggest impact.
Stickworm's too.
Oh then I told them about my experience with the millipede and mistaking it for a rubberband.
Anyway, after that, we went to the dressing room and played Murderer.
But after a few minutes we gave up on that and played Polar Bear instead.
It was super fun.
In Murderer, Jia Yi and I were the murderers.
I got myself killed by trying to kill Detective Jacqueline.
In Polar Bear, Mun Yun and I were the Polar Bears.
Hunters, I don't know.
Tha Yang was the Guru, who was the one that Mun Yun and I killed.
And I got killed by the Hunters.
After that we restarted.
I had to leave halfway, so I don't know who the Polar Bears, Hunters and Guru was.
But Mun Yun and Tha Yang died first.
Anyway after that, the JLs and Jia Yi went to do ticket countering and ushering.
Well the JLs apart from Alex did ushering.
And Hasee and Mango Leong Sharne came to help us.
Basically what we did was welcome them in, give them the thank you card made by all the performers [good ones were chosen, bad ones thrown away I guess].
After that we went back, and got ready to perform.
The performance went well, I guess.
But Incantation was bad for me because I couldn't reach a few notes.
Don't Stop Believing too.
Oh yeah, at the Finale, the Band forgot to stand up.
So we were kinda like late reaction.
But it was fun overall.
After that, we put our instruments at the dressing room and went to remove the chairs and stands.
And helped with the Percussion Instruments.
I think that was the order, at least.
After all this, we got our instruments, packed up everything and left.
Then we reached school again, like 12 hours later from when we reached it.
Anyway, we put our instruments in the Band Room, and helped with Percussion Instruments.
That was around when Mun Yun lost her SL badge.
She couldn't find it in the end.
After all this, we packed up and had debrief.
The teachers said that overall, we were very good.
Just that at the last part we were very slow.
Then Ms Azlina [Is that it?] gave us souvenirs from Germany.
It was a sweet and a small golden musical note.
I put that in my wallet.
The Musical Note, that is.
I ate the sweet.
After that we were dismissed and I waited at the Foyer with Stickworm, Hadassah and Grace.
We talked and stuff.
Then Hasee came and we talked too.
Then my mom came, and we said bye.
My mom said that our Dance was very fierce.
Very scary.
I personally think the same too, but they're really good.
Oh and she said that Totoro was nice!
But as expected, Incantation was boring.
When I came home I saw her taking out the iPad.
She said she brought it along just in case I would be late.
How mean.
Ah well.
After that I bathed and ate Instant Noodles [Pepper Crab Flavour!] and read the cards from Musical Evening.
Then I did my homework while waiting for my hair to dry.
At least, I tried to.
I fell asleep on my table after a while.
Then my mom noticed that the lights weren't off yet [after about 40 minutes] and then she woke me up.
Then I brushed my teeth, washed up and stuff, then fell on my bed and slept.
Okay, its time for lunch.
Time now: 1.18.
I have spent a long time typing this post, since I did go outside and stuff.