Wistfulness

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I have discovered the powers of Beyblades.
No, not the new crappy ones that are made of plastic, even though I now understand why they are.
I'm referring to the old, legendary ones that one day just disappeared without a trace.
If I'm not wrong, they were banned for being dangerous.
Mainly because:
1. They spin at high speeds.
2. They go crazy if spun in a proper way.
3. They're made of metal. Razor sharp metal that lined the sides of the Beyblades that determine the attack and defence power of the Beyblade.
4. They can actually climb up the curved walls of the battle arenas and attack people.
If I remember correctly, a number of people were injured in the past.
Not those minor cuts and stuff.
The real injuries.
Some unlucky guy was cut near his eye when one of the Beyblades jumped.
Honestly, that's quite cool, but yeah, dangerous.
And painful.
Anyway, last night, I was at my cousin's house.
And he showed me the new Beyblade set that his father [my uncle] had just bought for him.
So we were playing, when he showed me one of his new Beyblades, bought by my cousin for him from Hong Kong.
It was one of the old version ones, just slightly modified.
So, we were really excited to play with it again.
And that's when my cousin released it in a way that it went crazy and jumped out of the plastic arena.
Well, naturally, it spun to me.
And of course I had to be the first one to get cut by it.
After it hit my leg, it didn't stop spinning [amazingly], and it went to the wall.
Sparks appeared.
Yes, caused by the friction and cutting of the wall.
Sparks.
Well, we got a little scared, then amazed and thoroughly thrilled.
Then we continued playing.
I got cut about 5 more times from it.
Correction, I was the only one to even get cut by it.
Somehow dangerous items like these seem to be very attracted to me.
Ah well, luckily they're just skin deep.
They bled, but its not so bad.
Ah well.


I think I should just give up on my homework.
I can't do anything at all.