Wistfulness

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Right, so I had originally wanted to talk about my dream today, since I'm like what, 3 days late?
But no, my plans had to be foiled so drastically because of a couple of reasons.
Firstly, I had known all along that I had to have Science tuition today, at 4.
And then suddenly I remembered that I have Chinese tuition at 3, because I missed my session on Wednesday to do my... second appeal test?
Anyways, that was when I SMSed my Science tuition teacher at 6.30 in the morning.
So, my initial thinking was that since I end school at 2, I'll reach home around 2.45 ~ 2.50, which would be enough time for me to bathe and get ready for tuition at around 3.
And then Disaster #1 came.
Our last period was Chemistry SPA.
I completely forgot.
Basically, SPA = Classes Ending Late.
So we reached the classroom at around 2.10, and I was really about to go when Grace and Crystal told me about the Class Tee thing.
So I had to stay back till around 2.20.
I still feel bad for leaving earlier and leaving it to them.
So, I ran from class to the school gates, and calmed down a bit.
Then I started brisk walking to Thye Hong.
Somewhere past the entrance to the beige condominium, I saw the traffic light turn green.
So, obviously, I ran for it.
And I barely caught it too.
So I stood at the traffic light junction, catching my breath, and then I turned to my right and saw 51 at the traffic light.
The first thing that came to my mind?
"This is worse than Mass Run."
I had to do run after the bus.
Otherwise I'd be late for tuition.
So, I ran.
Like crazy.
And my friends from the other traffic junctions [there are 4, remember?] were shouting "Jiayou Evelyn!"
Quite awkward, but I appreciate the thought.
Anyway, I caught the bus and finally I had my rest.
But when I woke up, around 2 bus stops before my bus stop, I got a shock.
It was pouring, literally.
Its as though I was under some waterfall.
Or at least, the bus was.
I seriously thought that it was already 3, since it was raining.
But luckily, 2+ ~ 3 is the period of time where not a lot of people take the bus.
So, it was only 2.50.
Next came the greatest challenge of all.
I had to walk up the hill, in the waterfall rain, with my Tablet, big, bulky bag and my umbrella, obviously.
My priorities of keeping dry went like this: Tablet, Bag, Self.
Initially I did a pretty good job in keeping the top two dry.
But by the time I crossed the road my whole back was wet.
Then came the problem: Walking up the hill.
Note that, due to gravity and the downhill gradient, the water from the top of the hill flows down.
And since I'm going against the current, the water all splashed onto my feet.
Also, it wasn't those shallow, couple of millimetres kind of water flowing down.
It was the considerable deep, couple of centimetres kind of water flowing down.
So you can pretty much imagine what happened to my shoes.
Also, because I'm walking up the hill, my body is kind of slanted forward, hence I got a lot wetter.
So wet, to the extent that I couldn't feel myself getting wetter.
So anyway, by the time I had conquered the first slope, I was completely drenched.
But my stuff weren't that wet.
Until the wind came.
The rain was flying in all directions, with the lightning flashes blinding me, and the booming thunder deafening me.
Adding on to the mental stress of reaching home in time, natural unfortunate event of the rain, and the physical disadvantage of my load which can easily total up to 6 kg, I stumbled up the hill.
Then, when I crossed the road to get to the back gate, a car almost ran over me.
That horrible, incredibly amateurish driver, forgot to turn his headlights on.
So it was only till he was pretty near me, like around 3 metres away, when he jam broke.
Luckily it was at the considerably flat part of the slope.
Anyway, when I was opening the gate with my key, I dropped my umbrella because I had to catch my slipping Tablet, and open the gate.
I don't have a third hand [a Blasphemy! :O].
That's when all of my efforts to keep me bag dry went down the drain.
Oh, my Tablet case is pretty waterproof.
So I wasn't as worried as before.
Anyway, after finally entering into the estate, I foolishly chose the wrong path to take.
Instead of going through the sheltered, but quite creepy way, I chose the usual and more open way.
It was flooded.
The water level was above my ankles, by about 2 cm.
Anyway, I managed to trod my way through.
And take the lift to the 3rd floor, back home.
Surprisingly, I reached home at 3, sharp.
But my tuition teacher wasn't there yet.
Normally, around this time, I wouldn't bathe yet, but not bathing would equate to me only bathing at 7, and I'd be dripping wet too.
So I went to bathe.
And after about 3 minutes, my tuition teacher came.
So I had to make her wait.
Luckily, I'm not my sisters, so I don't take half an hour or more to bathe.
I take 10 ~ 15.
So yeah, she waited around that duration.
Anyways, thats when my tuition marathon started.
After my Science tuition, I literally just flopped onto the bed and slept till 7.45.
Then I had dinner, and I came to my computer!
Yes, its very late now, so I need to sleep.
I'll talk about my dream another day, I promise.